This wine is testament to the playfulness and versatility of Paso Robles, as well as the impressive offerings of the 2010 vintage.
And TJ’s Refosco is a rarity in domestic wine offerings, as Refosco is the odd man out in most Italian wine offerings.
Potentially a lethal tannic beast, Trader Joe’s Refosco contains 25% Merlot to harmonize the remaining 75% Refosco juice.
Rich black cherry, plum, and rhubarb with back notes of spice (the bottle states, ‘hints of thyme”).
Developed tannins lead to a long finish with enough acidity to balance out the fruit and pair well with most meals.
Pretty damn delicious.
Well worthy of 4 out of 5 Bellies
$6.99 @ Trader Joe’s